If you are considering using a web hosting service to host your website, you would probably have come across numerous options that have confused you to no ends. There are many options to choose from-
- Free hosting
- Paid hosting
- Shared hosting
- Dedicated hosting or
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) Hosting
And all these can easily get you overwhelmed unless you have a clear understanding on what they mean. Not most of us who wants to host a website are conversant with all the technical terms and jargons associated with the web world. All what we are looking for at times is a safe place to host out websites and one that manages spikes in traffic volumes. In this case, a managed web hosting service can be your best option.
What is a managed web hosting?
If you don’t have the technical know-how to manage a hosting service on your own or have the financial freedom to employ relevant professionals, you can go for managed web hosting services where the host company will take care of the administrative and technical side of things, while you look after the website, content and traffic.
Broadly classifying, managed webhosting is your best bet if you fall under either of the two categories;
- Time constraint: Running a business requires you to be simultaneously focused on a lot of things and concentrating on managing your website might not be your top priority. In such scenarios, it makes sense to allow a host company to look after the administration of your website. Most of these service providers are highly trust worthy since they have been at this for decades and hence have the industry experience to diligently manage affairs.
- Technical constraints: With proper marketing strategies, your website can hit it off really well in no time at all. Although this is an excellent prospect for the business, managing rising traffic can be a huge problem, especially so if the owner or staff doesn’t have the technical capability to handle such spikes. The last thing you want during such peak hours is your website crashing and thus losing valuable hits. Managed web hosting services can come for your rescue here since they have the time, technical know-how and dedication to get the work done in the most efficient way.
What can you expect from a managed webhosting package?
Once you have decided you want to go for a managed web hosting package, the next thing you need to look into is what kind of services are included in the package. Although, the scheme offered by different companies might vary, you would generally receive the following services
- Timely troubleshooting
- Round-the-clock monitoring
- Readily available support
- Regular hardware updates
- Software updates
- Backup and restore services for crucial data
- Control panel support
Apart from the above, you might get additional features in certain packages. Be sure to conduct a thorough comparative study of various schemes before you decide on one.